Wednesday, January 30, 2013

T-shirt quilt

This was a long time in the making

Step one: cut out tshirts using rotary cutter all the same size and arrange them as you would like the quilt to be.

Step two: sew them together into rows then sew the rows together

Step three: Make the "sandwich" with the top, batting then backing. Secure with batting adhesive. I used fleece on the back.

Step four: get busy quilting. I used tape as a guide to keep my stitching straight. Don't sew over the tape though.

Step five: you now have a quilt minus the binding. To make the binding sew strip of fabrics together. I made strip 4 inches wide so when I folded and pressed in It made a 1 inch binding. Sew this on the quilt. Binding is definitely the hardest part I had to watch a few tutorials on you tube to learn the correct way to do it and it still isn't perfect.

Now Anthony has a great way to save all of his sport shirts from little league right on up to college and can be passed on to his son one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment